First, note that there is no v.5.0. I assume you mean 2.5.0.

1. I doubt Xerces has an ECCN (Export Control Classifcation Number). I am not a lawyer, but I'd hazard a guess that it falls under EAR99.

2. Xerces has no cryptographic functionality, whether related to signatures or encryption. (The Apache XML Security project uses Xerces to implement XML signatures and encryption, but it's a completely separate project. But even it doesn't actually do any cryptography - it uses some other provider of cryptographic services, either the OpenSSL library or Microsoft's CryptoAPI. All of which is probably more than you need or want to know.)

From: Andreas Dekarö [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 11:19 AM
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: ECCN number

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding export of products using the Xerces C++ API. We are using v.5.0.

1. Does Xerces have an ECCN number?

2. Does Xerces include encryption functionality?

2.1. If so, what is the function of the encryption, the encryption algorithm and the encryption key bit length?

We need this information for an export submission request.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreas Dekarö