Hi,

I notice that regular expression objects (instances of
rgxRegularExpression) are prepared/compiled only when the matches() method
is called.
In my application, this a little inconvenient - I would rather create *and
prepare* all the regular expression objects which I know I will require, so
that the cost is incurred once, and
up-front. However, I would like to store the prepared objects in a data
structure which is shared across a number of threads.

My questions:
a) would it be reasonable (in my own code) to call the prepare() method in
the constructor, rather than in the matches() method
b) would it be safe for such a prepared/compiled rgxRegularExpression
object to be executed (i.e. have its matches() method called )
simultaneously from more than one thread.

regards,

Tim Kimber, MRM Development Team
Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. 01962-816742