"The Parser will call this method to report each chunk of character data.
SAX parsers may return all contiguous character data in a single chunk, or
they may split it into several chunks; however, all of the characters in any
single event must come from the same external entity, so that the Locator
provides useful information."

For more info, tutorials, etc. I would recommend you to look at Meggisons
page ( The author of SAX API).

at:  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/SAX1/index.html

Good luck,

                   Jeffrey Rodriguez
                   IBM SVL - Pervasive Technologies

PS. I'll take a look over the Base64 stuff this weekend since it is the only
time when I can work on this.