From: JC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 4:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to identify the namespace?

Here is something that is bugging me... during the parsing of an RSS
file,
I need to be able to tell if it is a 0.9 RSS or a 1.0 RSS. Unlike RSS
0.91
and 0.92, there is no "version" attribute. Here is what I have to work
with:

<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://my.netscape.com/rdf/simple/0.9/";
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>

This is an RSS 0.9 file.

<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/";
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>

This is an RSS 1.0 file.

The only difference between the two is the xmlns value. However, I
cannot
figure out how to get ahold of it. During element parsing, I only have
access to the xmlns:rdf value (as uri), the element name and the qname.
The
attributes length is zero.

So how can I get ahold of the xmlns value during parsing?

Thanks for any help!