From: Neeraj Bajaj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Whitespaces

Sudha Sathiaseelan wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is there a known way to ignore whitespace when loading an xml document through
>DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl?

Set
DocumentBuilderFactory#setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(boolean)  to
true. You should note that this feature works only when  element content
is made avaliable to the parser. making it mandatory for DOCTYPE
declaration to be part of XML document.

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/api/javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-white-space

Neeraj