Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had tried this feature.
But I am not sure if continue-on-error is same as
error-recovery. When we continue on error, the parser
does not seem to take the grammar into consideration
and hence generates lots of spurious errors. On error
recovery I would expect the parser to proceed in a
normal fashion. But, you recommend it only at
development time as there are no guarantees on normal
operation of the parser after a recovery and since it
might result in infinite loops.

For example for the following document framgment:

  <icon >
   <small-icon>stillTypingMygif
   <large-icon>/tmp/large.gif</large-icon>
  </icon>

the content model for small-icon has only #PCDATA. I
would expect the parser to recover by inserting
</small-icon> into the stream before encountering
<large-icon>. But the parser recovers by changing
</icon> to </small-icon>. This results in cascading
spurious errors.

How does the error recovery work? Could you give me
some pointers as to where I can look for it in the
sources? All I could see was that in case of a fatal
error if the feature is set, then the saxexception is
not propagated.

Would appreaciate any suggestions/pointers you can
provide.

Thanks!
Rajiv

http://apache.org/xml/features/continue-after-fatal-error