----- Original Message -----
From: "Constantine Georges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 1:19 AM
Subject: Resolving Schemas from the classpath

> I'm trying to find a way to get schema documents from the active
classpath.
> That is to say, using ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream().

> The problem is with schemas that have multiple documents <included> in
> them.  The resolver works fine, and finds all the files in the classpath.
> The problem is that when I try to validate the instance document, Xerces
> says that top-level elements that I declare in one schema document and
> reference in another can't be found.  So, for instance, in this case:

I posted a similar problem the list a few weeks ago although my custom
Entity Resolver was simply using the filesystem.  When I instantiated the
InputSource with a FileReader, only the first level schema would be
recognized, the second level schema (referenced by the first) didn't, in
spite of successfully opening the FileReader.  I fixed it by using the
string constructor for the InputSource - you maybe able to do that by using
file:// or jar:// depending on where you find the entity.

With all due respect to those who provided some responses to my posts, I was
still left with the nagging feeling that this behaviour is buggy but I have
insufficient knowledge about it to make any authoritative comments.

sos