Dees, Ian (MED, Adecco) wrote:
Is it possible to have Xerces give each "record" in an XML document a
unique key? Anyone have any good ideas for implementing something like
this in Java?

Would it be easier to do this inside the Java where I am creating my DOM
tree?

Thanks,
Ian

When you refer to record, do you mean record element?  If so, you could always pass the DOM through an XSL transformer and have the generate-id function do it for you.  Or, if manually, you could use the Xalan XPath classes to collect all the record elements and sequentially add the attribute.

If you could please provide more information about what you are trying to do, it might help clarify things.
--
   Anthony Rabaa
   Software Developer & Network Administrator