First of all, where did you get Xerces 2.5.1? (I only know 2.5.0.) If you
could share it with us, it would save us the work of a whole release. :-)

It's hard to say whether it's a problem in Xerces or in your xml/schema
without seeing some concrete examples. Could you post a cut-down example?

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      nmobil.com               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      08/12/2003 08:46         Subject:  Xerces and keyrefs

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-j-user

We've been developing a schema that uses keys and keyrefs for internal
consistency.  We developed it using XMLSpy's parser, where it validates
documents without complaint.  However, when we moved to Xerces-J 2.5.1, it
declared every keyref out of scope.  Is this a known issue, or are we doing
something wrong?

Thanks,

David Shontz
ExxonMobil Exploration UTC
Application Support/Application and Data Integration
CORP-RR-603
281-654-7214
Email: David Shontz/U-Houston/ExxonMobil
Internet Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]