I just noticed that org.w3c.dom.html.HTMLDOMImplementation exists in the xercesImpl.jar and not the xml-apis.jar. I realize that the HTML DOM interfaces in xml-apis.jar are part of the HTML DOM Level1 spec and HTMLDOMImplementation is part of the Level2 spec, but I think think it should still be distributed in the xml-apis.jar, otherwise programs that use xml-apis.jar to supply the standard interfaces must also include xercesImpl.jar simply to supply a single class that should have existed in the xml-apis.jar anyway.

Comments?  Can this change be done for the next release?

BTW, this directly affects the XMLC project which uses the standard interfaces supplied by xml-apis.jar. Internally, it uses a modified Xerces-1.4.4 wrapped into its own namespace of org.enhydra.apache.xerces to avoid conflicting with other xerces versions. I removed the standard interfaces that came with xerces-1.4.4 to avoid the same sorts of collisions with Xerces2 updated xml-apis.jar in the classpath. There is no particular reason for XMLC to be dependent on xercesImpl.jar except for this packaging issue with HTMLDOMImplementation.

Oh, any chance I can get a ETA on support for HTML DOM Level2?

Thanks,

Jake