Hello Peter,

The standard distribution for Xerces 2.6.2 contains some hacked DOM Level
3 interfaces which allow both DOM Level 2 and 3 to co-exist. You should be
using the DOM Level 3 distribution if you want access to DOM Level 3. The
package containing the jars you need is called
beta2-dom3-Xerces-J-bin.2.6.2.zip and is available on the download site
and mirrors.

"Peter B. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/03/2005 04:38:16 PM:

> Thanks Csaba.
>
> I have used the /endorsed directory, but I have the standard 2.6.2
> distribution.  The page I quoted says that I can use the Load and Save
> functionality without having to recompile.  Maybe not.
>
> Peter
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > I came across the same problem recently, I guess.
> >
> > I think, You have to use endorsed jar files = You have to make a
folder
> > called "endorsed" below <Your JDK home>\jre\lib and You have to put
the
> > dom jars there:
> >  - dom3-xml-apis.jar
> > - and dom3-xercesImpl.jar, as well!
> >
> > See below!
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Csaba Szucs
> >

> >    *"Peter B. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
> >
> > 01/03/2005 04:04 PM
> > Please respond to xerces-j-user
> >

> >         To:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >         cc:        (bcc: Csaba Szucs/ve/eu/au/cag)
> >         Subject:        Problems running example DOM3 parser creation
> >

> > Following the example, on the Programming with DOM page, for creating
> > DOM3 LS parser, I get a
> > ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationSourceImpl
> >     at org.w3c.dom.bootstrap.DOMImplementationRegistry.newInstance(
> >
> >  DOMImplementationRegistry.java:144)
> >
> > i.e. at
> >                 DOMImplementationSource source =
> >                     (DOMImplementationSource)
sourceClass.newInstance();

> > The code, taken from the example, is
> >       DOMImplementationRegistry registry = null;
> >       System.setProperty(DOMImplementationRegistry.PROPERTY,
> >           "org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationSourceImpl");
> >       try {
> >           registry = DOMImplementationRegistry.newInstance();
> >       } catch (Exception e) {
> >           throw new RuntimeException(e);
> >       }
> >
> > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?