Hi,

> When you say you "will modify it so that it generates SAX events"
> I guess you mean that you are going to remove the functionality that
> currently generates XML as text.  I guess you want to do that for
> performance reasons(?) or because you have some other downstream
> processing that you want to connect to(?).

In fact, I want to keep the functionality that generates XML as text,
but I want to be able to check (while generating) that the XML I
generate is valid against a schema.
I thought that generating SAX events on top of that was a good way to
plug a validating parser in.

> To get down to code for a moment (always clearer I think), suppose
> you have an object "fred" and a class that generates XML (Generator).
> I suppose at the moment you do something like:
[...]

> and somehow get a SAX validator involved.  Frankly I wouldn't
> try this, it appears to be a huge amount of effort for marginal
> benefit (unless I'm missing something in what you are trying
> to achieve).
I just don't know, I thought it was something easy that I just
couldn't find.

Anyway, thanks for your mail.

Bruno Verachten