Bob,

I tried your original idea about just using the URL.toString() method. That seems to work just fine. The native java support does seem to find the schema in the classpath (even if it is in the classpath via a jar file.) Thanks a lot for pointing out the simplicity of my problem. I was trying more complicated ways of doing it.

~Mike

Bob Foster wrote:

Why what? I can deal with top-quoting, but no-quoting is a challenge. ;-}

Bob Foster

Joseph Kesselman wrote:

If we're using the Java URI support, I believe the jar: scheme is supported
by that layer. If we're doing our own URI support... why?

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk