xercesImpl.jar contains the standard implementation for Xerces without any experimental support like DOM3 or Schema 1.1. dom3-xercesImpl.jar can be built using the 'jars-dom3' target in the ant build. It includes experimental support for DOM Level 3. Whenever Xerces 2.7 is released, DOM Level 3 would become part of the standard jar. I am not sure what xercesImpl-J.jar is.

org.apache.xerces.impl.Version.getVersion() can be used to determine the version.

Ankit Pasricha
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
8200 Warden Avenue, Ontario L6G 1C7
Phone: (905) 413 4941

"Matt Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

01/06/2005 02:25 PM

Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Subject
Differences of xercesImpl.jar, xercesImpl-J.jar, dom3-xercesImpl.    jar ?

Sorry for this newbie question, but

When I inspected my directories I found a lot of different xercesImpl.jar files
with different files and names.

- xercesImpl.jar
- xercesImpl-J.jar
- dom3-xercesImpl.jar

What are the differences ?

Are they all compatible?

How do I find out which version is a certain xercesImpl.jar.
The general rule that bigger files are released later seems to be not true in this case.

Matt