Hi Ed,

That could happen if the parser threw an exception from parse before the
Document node is created, for instance from an IOException thrown from an
unsuccessful attempt to open the URL you specified. I don't see a
try/catch block in your code snippet. Is the parser returning normally?

parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-che

parser.setProperty("http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";,
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";);
> parser.parse(xmlDocument);
> Document document = parser.getDocument();
>
> This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
> addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
> confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or
copying
> of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If
you
> receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
> permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
> printout thereof.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab