Hi all,

I'm using Xerces-J 2.6.2 and I have observed the following behaviour:

<student>
  <name>
    <firstname>Jeroen</firstname>
    <lastname>Verhagen</lastname>
  </name>
</student>

If I delete the element with name 'firstname' using DOM operations,
the textnode containing '\n  ' before <firstname> and the textnode
containing '\n    ' after </firstname> are normalized and thus form 1
new textnode. So student/name has 5 childnodes before the delete
operation and 3 after the delete operation. I expected 4 nodes.

My question is this normal behaviour? Can I turn it off?

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen