thanks. I have an xsd that declares an attribute as type="ID", e.g.

<attribute name="customID" type="ID" use="required"/>

Could I load this schema into xerces to allow me to do this:

<data customID="dataTag">
XmlSignature.addDocument("#dataTag", transforms);

or does xmlsig work differently?

thanks,
Alistair