Leonardo Palozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/14/2005 07:37:32 PM:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:30:53 -0500, Michael Glavassevich
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This looks very much like a bug [1] that was recently fixed in CVS.
You

> Thanks Michael, I tried the latest gump and the bug has indeed been
fixed.

> Is there any assurance you can give me in terms of the gump's stability?

The GUMP process extracts the latest Xerces code from CVS every night and
builds it. It does the same with the rest of the Apache projects (as well
as others not from Apache). Though this helps flag compilation issues and
integration problems between projects, it's not an indicator of stability.
The GUMP builds are good for verifying bug fixes and also if you want to
stay on the bleeding edge of Xerces development.

> Is there an ETA on the next minor release?

We're currently working on Xerces 2.7.0. This will be the next major
release (there's no target release date yet). There currently are no plans
for a minor release.

> Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development