Hi,

Sorry for the trivial question. But what exactly is the feature
"http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces"; meant for?  I have read
Xerces' documentation but that does not seem to work for my sample
code.
When I have this feature enabled, my XML validation works. When this
is disabled, Xerces does not even catch genuine errors in my document.

Here's some sample code.
DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces";, false);
parser.setProperty("http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-noNamespaceSchemaLoc...";,
"http://localhost:8080/temp.xsd";);
parser.setFeature ("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation";, true);
parser.setFeature ("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema";, true);
Parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking";,
true);
parser.parse(xmlSource);
parser.setErrorHandler(this);
Document tempDoc = parser.getDocument();

I would appreciate if somebody could point me to some real examples
with sample XML/XSD that shows how this feature behaves.

Thanks,
Sachin