I see the faq about creating a dom document with level 3, here http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-dom.html

Do understand correctly that this is already part of the current 2.6.2 code, or is this a cvs only thing?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Glavassevich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: In memory-built DOM documents and IDs

Yes, this is possible with DOM Level 3 [1]. You need the DOM Level 3 build
of Xerces-J to get at this functionality.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-ElSetIdAttrNS

"Dave Brosius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/20/2005 08:20:59 PM:

I am building an in memory DOM document, that I would like to attach
ID attributes to, and then in the same session search for elements
by those ids (getElementById).

I see CoreDocumentImpl has the concept of putIdentifier and
getIdentifier for this purpose, but was wondering if there was a
standardized way to to this
without relying on the impl classes.

Michael Glavassevich XML Parser Development IBM Toronto Lab E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]