Thanks, but this is more a Xerces (StandardParserConfiguration) question than a jaxp question. Unless I'm missing something.

Bob

George Cristian Bina wrote:
Hi Bob,

All you need to do is to set the JAXP schema language property http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage to XML Schema, that is http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.

We added this some time ago to allow oXygen users to have schemas and DTD entities in the same document.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Bob Foster wrote:

What features do you need to set in StandardParserConfiguration so that:

a) A DTD is read for entity declarations, and
b) An XML Schema is used for validations.

I have a customer who wants to do, e.g.,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE MyElement SYSTEM "../../../entities.dtd">
<MyElement
    xmlns               = "&myns;"
    xmlns:xsi           = "&xsi;"
    xsi:schemaLocation  = "&myns; &loc;"

</MyElement>

Take out the DOCTYPE, no problem but no entities. Put it in and I get validation against the DTD. Need to find a happy middle ground. Thanks.

Bob Foster