Hey,

On 15 Apr 2005, at 8:12, Bob Foster wrote:

Gregor wrote:
3. ) Will Schema validation be added to Xerces (the last question is
interesting for the "outlook"-part of my paper since I want to compare
Xerces with an OpenSource Tool developed by my company).

I don't get this one. As a previous reply pointed out, Xerces will validate a schema as it parses one, subject to the parameters you specify. Full validation is one of the options. In my experience, Xerces does a good job, even compared to the ever-in-flux XSV.

To a the degree required to extract the information (and then some). As I am sure you know, the schema spec is a complex beast and to test all that is says is a difficult job. Even SQC, which in my experience has shown up many problems in my schemas that xerces has not, has at least 10 different quality checking settings. On complex sets of schemas I have seen it taken hours and even days to complete!! Now, we are good, but even we can't take that down to seconds :)

Cheers,

Gareth

Bob Foster

Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                http://blog.parthcomp.com/xerces