Hi Steve,

If your element and attribute declarations have annotations [1] the
non-schema namespace attributes will be accessible from the XSAnnotation
[2] associated with those declarations. If they don't have annotations
then with Xerces 2.6.2 you're out of luck, however we recently added a new
feature (http://apache.org/xml/features/generate-synthetic-annotations) in
CVS which when enabled will generate a synthetic annotation when a schema
component has non-schema attributes but no child annotation. This support
will be available in Xerces 2.7.0.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cAnnotations
[2]
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-xmlschema-api-20040309/xml-schema-api.html#Interface-XSAnnotation

Lingzhi Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/28/2005 07:24:44 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a schema which uses the non-schema namespace attributes in both
> element and attribute declaration. I am now want to use PSVI to get
> these information when the data is parsed. However, from the xerces
> doc, I couldn't figure out how to get these information.
>
> How to get the non-schema namespace attribute using PSVI in xerces?
> Does xerces have already implemented this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development