On 4/21/2010 10:59 PM, François Charette wrote:
On 16/04/2010 15:35, Peter Davis wrote:

Am 15.04.2010 22:34, schrieb Peter Davis:

I'm trying to compile the polyglossia sample file, test-polyglossia-setup.tex

??
Has this file really made it to CTAN? Hmm, then this happened by mistake when producing the TDS archive. Sorry. It was never intended for "public use", but there is no harm in using it of course :)

, but it's failing with errors like:

! Undefined control sequence.

l.82 \newXeTeXintercharclass

\...@normalclass %TODO

The issue indicates that your xelatex format is a bit outdated, so you should recreate it. (In the last version I have actually added a fix that provides \newXeTeXintecharclass unless it is defined in the format (via xelatex.ini) but it seems that I put the code to that effect at the wrong place in polyglossia.sty ...)

and

! LaTeX Error: File `loadingorder-bidi.def' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,

or enter new name. (Default extension: def)

This is unrelated to polyglossia: Vafa, can you help on this?
I had the same problem with xepersian. I moved the bidi directory in miktex 2.8/tex/latex to miktex 2.8/tex/xelatex and also installed iftex and the problem disappeared.
MO