Hello,

People may be interested to note that STIX Fonts v1.0 have been released (http://www.stixfonts.org/).

I'd assumed the intention was to make use of the OpenType math feature, like Cambria Math, Asana Math and Neo Euler do, and this blog post from 2½ years ago (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/murrays/archive/2007/11/06/stix-beta-fonts.aspx) indicates at that point the beta version included it, but the version I've just downloaded doesn't seem.

The STIX project website also says:
“Version 1.1, which will include fonts packaged for use with Microsoft Office applications, is scheduled for release by the end of 2010. Version 1.2, which will include Type 1 fonts for use with LaTeX, will follow in 2011.” which might explain things. They don't say what “packaged for use with Microsoft Office” means—obviously MS Office already has basic support for OpenType fonts, but since Office 2007 and 2010 use the math tables for equations this might be it.

Does anyone know any more about the project? Has the math feature definitely been delayed until a future version?

Regards,

Mike