Am Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:51:30 -0400 schrieb Alan Munn:

> Wow, Ulrike, thanks.  This is a really useful bit of code.  I'm not
> sure I understand the difference between the commented out code and
> the initial \...@ccput line.
>
> If I comment out the \...@ccput line, and replace EURO with €, I get
> the same result, correct?  Why is this so, and is there a reason to do
> it one way or the other?

Well as far as I can see there are two commands to add definitions:

\...@ccput <ProcessCommand>
           <one or more char numbers> e.g. {"30}{"31}
           \z@ %<- the stop command

which should be used if you want to add a simple char with
input=output.

and

\...@ccputmacro <ProcessCommand>
           <one or more char numbers + commands>
            % e.g. {"30}{thirty} {"31}{thirtyone}
           \...@empty\z@\...@empty % <- stop command

which should be used if you want a more complicated output.

The process command can be \...@processdigit or \...@processletter
or \...@processother and will at my opinion decide how the char is
handled in keywords etc. See also the keys alsoletter, alsodigit in
the docu.

--
Ulrike Fischer