On 2010-07-27 00:07:02 +0930, Florian Gilcher <f...@andersground.net> said:

I really like the following feature of pdftex and others for development purposes:

  \input{|"darcs changes -s"} % print a detailed log of changes

and include that into my document as a "running log" for other reviewers.

Sure, it requires --shell-escape and --enable-write18, but thats just fine in my environment.

Actually I think this is a MiKTeX-only feature of pdfTeX (or it was last time I checked). Is there a significant problem to doing this?:

   \immediate\write18{darcs changes -s > tmp.txt}
   \input{tmp.txt}

Wrap it up in a macro and it's no less convenient than using the pipe, right?

Will