Peter Baker wrote:

…
The various OpenType
features are supposed to do this:

lnum (Lining Numbers) converts oldstyle-height numbers to full-height
tnum (Tabular Numbers) converts proportional-width numbers to fixed-width
pnum (Proportional Numbers) converts fixed-width numbers to
proportional-width
onum (Old-Style numbers) converts full-height numbers to oldstyle-height

The trouble is, the lookups are ordered exactly as above. So lnum
(Lining Numbers) can *never* be invoked, since it can operate only on
one.oldstyle or one.taboldstyle, which can only be produced by lookups
that come later in the sequence. Likewise, tnum (Tabular Numbers) can
never be invoked. pnum is supposed to convert one to one.fitted or
one.taboldstyle to one.oldstyle, but the latter of these can never be
invoked. Finally onum, being last in the list, works as expected,
converting either one to one.taboldstyle or one.fitted to one.oldstyle.
…

This seems indeed to be the problem. I have put the features in a new order and this solved the issue. You may try it at http://github.com/georgd/Linux-Libertine If there’s interest I can fix the other font files too. Later today I will file a bug on sourceforge.

Georg