On Aug 29, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

Alan Munn wrote:

Is there a way to check whether a font is present in a user's system? I need to generate a document with Myriad Pro if it exists, Arial otherwise, and if neither, exit with an error.

Well, at the risk of impertinence (since I can't directly address your question), if you have Adobe Reader, you've got Myriad Pro (as well as Minion Pro). I don't know what OS you have, but here's where I find it on the Mac: /Applications/Adobe Reader 9/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/ Resource/Font/

Yes, I know that. I'm trying to produce a package that will work on any OS; alternatively, since most people will have Adobe Reader installed on their system I should just find out the absolute locations of the font on Windows and Linux and hard code the location with a user set flag for OS. This would certainly avoid needing to default to Arial.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
am...@gmx.com