Am 26.09.2010 um 19:11 schrieb Michiel Kamermans:

> On 9/26/2010 6:56 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>> I have to disagree, Vim and emacs (or should that be Emacs?) are available
>> on Windows as well. (Maybe not used that often.)
>>

> While they're "available" for windows, windows users don't use them. Only
> people who transcend the OS label because they use multiple operating systems
> and have learned to like vim or emacs enough to want to use it on all their
> operating systems will also use these on windows.

Vim is one of the first programs I install when I have to work on a Windows
computer.
But I can't offer that to a normal Windows user.

> Windows users use things like textpad (although because it still refuses to
> move to unicode, much less so than a few years ago)

I have Wordpad which says it can write Unicode files.

> notepad++, notepad2, ultraedit, and all those "they started as windows
> programs so every windows user recommends them to their windows user friends".

Is there any editor with LaTeX support?
How about TeXworks?

I know that TeXniccenter does not support Unicode. (This is what lshort
recommends)
Another suggestion is LEd but it seems to be pre-Unicode as well.

Axel