Am 23.06.2011 um 19:11 schrieb Peter Baker:

I can't reproduce the problem, but I'm using the CVS version of Junicode.

This could be true! Believe me that I could reproduce the problem (in a XeLaTeX file, with Unicode font and text encoding). I then switched from Junicode to other fonts. Some showed the OPEN BOXes as well. So I produced a test case with all upper and lower case letters, in order to see if at least something worked – and this worked for all! (I tested with FreeSerif.) I then tested this complete test case with more fonts. And suddenly Junicode showed all letters with a DOT BELOW, upright or italic.

I think my font cache was polluted. First tries to fetch only the two glyphs failed, so the OPEN BOX characters were displayed. With all 52 characters the fetch succeeded, the cache was updated, and now it just works.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Rain is saved up in cloud banks.