On 3/10/2014 8:04 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
That being said, there are some bugs in the HarfBuzz version used in
TeX Live 2013 release, but this should be fixed when with 2014 upgrades
to the latest HarfBuzz (people using exiting XeTeX release with the
latest HarfBuzz, e.g. distro packages, should be fine as well).

We'll be typesetting some Bangla (Bengali script) text in June, which afaik is before the TeXLive 2014 comes out.

1) Do you happen to know whether the 2013 version's bugs break Bangla?

I suppose that's an unanswerable question, since it probably depends on the exact font we'll be using, and maybe the 2013 version hasn't been tested with Bangla anyway. So:

2) I assume this:
       http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/HarfBuzz/
is where I should go for the latest HarfBuzz (at the moment, the 30 Jan 2014 release), correct? And that I don't need to install any revised version of anything else from
   TeXLive 2013.
--
        Mike Maxwell
        maxw...@umiacs.umd.edu