I know this rule :) But avagraha doesn't stand for any sound, it only marks elision (or contraction) and can be omitted, that's why it can't bear anuswâra, which would explain why fonts don't have any rule to place an anuswâra over an avagraha. If you have John Smith's electronic edition of the Mahâbhârata, you will easily find several occurences of the particular case you're dealing with, for instance:

01058049a अथ ते सर्वशोंऽशैः स्वैर्गन्तुं भूमिं कृतक्षणाः