Den 2016-01-25 kl. 16:06, skrev Philip Taylor:

BPJ wrote:
I have a text where certain words should be set in small caps. The
problem is that some of these words contain the character ŋ, which isn't
supported in small caps in the font used.  Might there be some way to
fake a small cap ŋ in these words -- preferably smarter than
search-replacing ŋ with {\small Ŋ} in those words?

Why not make ŋ active and program it to expand to {\small Ŋ} ?
Philip Taylor

I discovered (1) that some other problematic characters also occur in this context and (2) made some further experimentation and found that the following actually looks practically indistinguishable from real small caps:

\newcommand{\Morph}[1]{{\addfontfeatures{Scale=0.7,FakeStretch=1.2}\MakeUppercase{#1}}}

/bpj