On 13/11/2022 10:34, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
It is the font. With arial I get two different glyphs.
Facinating — so do I (see below).  Thank you Ulrike — much appreciated.
  And in the lua-file of pala.ttf one can find the glyphs in the duplicates
table:

  ["duplicates"]={
       [974]={
     [8061]=true,
    },
}

(but luaotfload normalizes by default and outputs always 03CE also
for arial anyway)

OK, not familiar with lua font files, so the above is not immediately meaningful to me, but the very fact that it is font-dependent is of itself very useful information.

\font \greekfont = "Palatino Linotype"
\font \greekfont = "Arial Unicode MS"
\greekfont
U+1F7D : GREEK SMALL LETTER OMEGA WITH OXIA — ώ \par
U+03CE : GREEK SMALL LETTER OMEGA WITH TONOS — ώ \par
\end

--
/Philip Taylor/