Hi Lars and Per, Le Mon, 8 Sep 2008 04:49:48 -0600, "David Mohr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Per Kongstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Dear David, > > > > We have recently started to organize translation into Danish. > > > > Could you please advice us if we should take translation using > > script xdt-i18n http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto or the files > > should be downloaded fraom somewhere else? > > > > Will the project not update po files with already translated strings > > like it happens in Gnome project or shall that be a manuel process? I don't know at all how things are going on for GNOME. I have read their wiki once about i18n, and for what I remember, you do svn checkouts. xdt-i18n does svn checkouts, and it tries to do this in a efficient way: it doesn't download the whole source but only the .po files. Basically: % xdt-i18n init xfce/trunk $HOME/i18n/xfce-trunk % cd $HOME/i18n/xfce-trunk % xdt-i18n stat <locale> where locale can be fr.po, de.po ... will download the xfce core projects and display the number of untranslated + fuzzy strings and the missing translations (No such file or directory ;)). There is a usage table in the wiki, I guess you saw it. So FWIW I think xdt-i18n is a pretty straight forward tool to download xfce projects and translate them. The svn diff outputs are easy to apply afterwards on the whole projects at one time. > > Looking forward to your earliest reply. Enough said. How is the foo-projects.org form going? Can you start your commits already? Cheers Mike _______________________________________________ Xfce-i18n mailing list [email protected] http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-i18n
