>The system has an Abit KX7-333 mainboard and a GeForce 4 MX 440 video
card. It runs Windows 98SE with no problem. I >added Red Hat Linux 7.2 on
another partition so I can dual boot. However, it always comes up in text
mode. I used >Xconfigurator but could not get any GeForce modes to work. I
downloaded and installed >NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.rh72up.athlon.rpm and
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880.i386.rpm and changed the XFConfig-4 file but still >get
only text mode on boot. I attached the XFConfig-4 and XFree86.log files so
you could take a look at them. I >would appreciate any suggestions.
inside Your XFree86.log
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVdriver kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***

Seems You have troble with kernel module.
Try> /sbin/modprobe -v NVdriver
if will not work, then download NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.tar.gz and compile
kernel module manualy.

Aivils