> I made this changed and tried again with NoAccel, unfortunately with the
> same symptoms: blank screen, locked keyboard.  I've attached the
> XFree86.0.log just in case.  The only difference should be the debug
message
> that I added.
>
> Thanks for all your time and effort,
> Charl

Hi Charl,
I can't reproduce your problem here. Usually with all hw accel disable,
radeon driver shouldn't cause a keyboard lockup. It may cause a screen
corruption or a seg fault if something goes wrong.

I'm wondering it's the input device's (like mouse driver) problem. I noticed
there are some changes for PS2 mouse handlings in 4.2.99.4 (mouse.c). Maybe
something affects your setup there, I'm totally guessing here.

Hui