On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Egbert Eich wrote:

> Jürg Billeter writes:
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > I've upgraded from 4.2.99.3 to .4. My setup consists of a Matrox G450
>  > DualHead card with two screens (analog) attached. With the "old" version it
>  > worked fine but with the new version the X server crashes on startup (signal
>  > 11). Xinerama on or off doesn't make a difference. When I configure only one
>  > screen it works without any problems.
>  >
>  > On both systems I used exactly the same kernel (Linux 2.4.20) and the same
>  > XF86Config file. Below you'll find the full log of the crash. I can supply
>  > the log of the working 4.2.99.3 and/or the XF86Config if this could help
>  > solving the problem.
>  >

> There was a bug in the vbe DDC read code which is belived to
> be fixed in the current CVS now. To test this you need to check out
> CVS head.

Ebgert's fix does seem to stop it crashing on my G550.

While testing, I've noticed that the mga driver always reports
DDC info for the first head.
Are there any drivers which give correct DDC info for the second head,
or does anyone else have suggestions as to how to fix this ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna