On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:26:49 +0100, Idar Tollefsen wrote:
> >> But what about 24? Are there any reasons why that should look bad
> >> as well?
>
> > Depends on your board. Send me a log at depth 24 and I'll take a
> >> closer look.
>
> Included at the bottom. Again, "Not loading .debug line" lines
> are cut out. The only change made to my XF86Config was to change
> DefaultDepth to 24 instead of 16.

Yep, even though the cards can do it, they're not great boards to
be displaying 1600x1200@75Hz with 24bit depth. I'd use 1280x1024 if
you really need 24bit depth. Or drop to 16bit depth and keep using
1600x1200.

> >> Yes, The card has 8MB of videoram, but probably has another 8MB of EDO >> memory
>- usually used for 3D. The driver only reports the videoram as
> >> it currently doesn't have a 3D driver and looses the other 8MB of EDO.
>
> >> Doesn't have a 3D driver? Does that mean I won't get any OpenGL
> >> acceleration out of this card with XFree86?
>
> > Nope.
>
> "Nope" as in my conclusion is wrong and I will get OpenGL acceleration or
> "Nope" as in confirming that I won't get any OpenGL acceleration?
> (/me clinging to a straw of hope)

Nope as in, it doesn't have a 3D driver. So therefore you won't get
any GL acceleration.

Alan.