=?iso-8859-1?Q?Georges=5FHansel?= writes:
 > I am using the linux distribution 8.1
 > The card is ATI Graphics Pro Turbo
 >
 > When booting with the syslinux floppy disk created at
 > the installation, all is O.K.
 > When booting with the loadlin program (and the same
 > kernel), I can't get Xwindows to start.
 > Herewith in attach the corresponding log files.
 >
 > Is there a solution of this curious problem?

Isn't loadlin a loader that works from DOS/Windows?

Your log file looks like a DOS TSR has goofed up your
BIOS int vector which is required for int10 support
to work properly.

Either use the option:

Option "InitPrimary"

in the "Device" section of your config file, or
use some real boot loader.

Egbert.