Hi,

I'm using redhat linux 7.3 with the X software that
came with the CD.  I installed Linux with medium
firewall security, it uses DHCP for its IP address.
I'm using the machine together with Sun Ultra
workstations on Solaris 2.7 and up.

I wanted to display applications from the Solaris
machines on my Linux computer but I always get 'Cannot
open display myip:0.0'.  No other message is
displayed.  I have tried setting up xauth and have
made sure I have xhost + and have done setenv DISPLAY
myip:0.0.  If I type xhost - on the linux machine and
try running the solarix x app, I still get the same
error.  I was expecting "Refused by server" here.

The other way around (linux application being
displayed on Solaris machine) works without any
problems.

I tried running the network device monitor and each
time I run the application on the Solaris machine, I
will see that the linux network device monitor is
receiving data.  This leads me to think that there
should be no network communication problem from sun to
linux.

I also tried using a static IP address and I get the
same problem.

Any suggestions what can be done with this problem?

jerome