On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Mell Anico wrote:

>I am using Red Hat linux v7.3 and I am currently
>having problem booting my Linux server in GUI (using
>KDM). I tried reboot a number of times and still did
>not come up with the GUI login screen. This problem

Do you mean that your machine boots into the text console?  Can you
execute a "startx" and get KDE running from that?  If "yes" AND the
output of "/sbin/runlevel" is "N 3"  then you need to edit /etc/inittab
and change the line: id:3:initdefault: to id:5:initdefault:

>started when the print servers hosted in this linux
>box stop responding and I decided to reboot. Then I
>cannot boot in GUI mode, although the server is still
>functioning as I can telnet into it. Can you please
>help us in restoring the GUI boot in our Linux server?
>What we can do to resolve??

Check your log files.  "cat /var/log/XFree86.0.log", "tail -200
/var/log/messages | less"

Really you don't give enough information for anyone to make intelligent
suggestions.  Also, I'd suggest that for this type of question you do a
Google search for answers first.

HTH,
Oisin Feeley