On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 07:30:06PM -0500, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
>I get the message
>sh: line 1: /usr/bin/cc: No such file or directory when
>I run "make World".
>
>Where in the xfree tree is this "/usr/bin/cc" being set?
>I searched and grepped around the source tree but I can't
>seem to find where it is.  Thanks!
>
>Note I know I could just make a symbolic link to get rid
>of the error, but that's not my question.

The top level Makefile refers to $(CC), and I guess your version of make
defines it to "/usr/bin/cc".  An alternative to creating the symlink is
to run 'make CC=<your-cc-command> World', or find out how to change
make's default (if possible).

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project