Hello,

I have just tried to install Red Hat Linux version 8.0 and it installs properly but when I reach the command prompt after a seemingly successful installation I get the error:

(EE) VESA(0): No matching modes

(EE) Screen(s) found but none have a usable configuration

Fatal server error.

No screens found.

I have tried installing multiple times and booting with different monitors, the monitor I was originally using couldn’t be identified during the probe so I hooked up another one that was successfully probed, but the end result is still the same.

I know that the CD’s work because they have successfully installed the os on a friends computer with no complications.

Any help you could offer is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Gray ([EMAIL PROTECTED])