>>Fred Heitkamp wrote:
>>
>>The top level Makefile refers to $(CC), and I guess your version of make
>>defines it to "/usr/bin/cc".  An alternative to creating the symlink is
>>to run 'make CC=<your-cc-command> World', or find out how to change
>>make's default (if possible).
>
>Fred, You can try defining in host.def: #define CcCmd /usr/bin/gcc or
>whatever is appropriate for your system.  No guarantee it'll work
>however,as I've never had to use it personally. Good luck. TTYL --
>Mike A. Harris

I tried that as well and it does not work either.  Some makefiles have CC
hard coded as '/usr/bin/cc'

I did a make distclean on the tree and all the Makefiles with
'/usr/bin/cc' and '/usr/bin/cpp' hard coded went away though
there are still a couple of Imakefiles with 'cc' hardcoded.
i.e. programs/Xserver/os/Imakefile and programs/rgb/Imakefile
and /usr/bin/cpp is defined in linux.cf.

It appears most of the paths must come from imakemdep.h
and imake.c.

Fred