I am having a configuation problem in the context of RedHat-8.0 (3.2-7) Linux installation with a ViewSonic P815 using Intel 815 video card (4M video RAM w/i810 driver) - and kernel 2.4.18-26.8.0.

I have attached the /etc/X11/XF86Config file for your inspection.

I am presently unable to get a resolution finer than 1024x768. (I had originally been able to do so.) I played around with the dispaly settings in the hope of removing a very annoying squiggle occuring throughout the screen, but most noticeably in the top half of the sceen.

Now I can neither restore my previous resolution of 1280x960 nor remove the sqiggle.

I did not have this problem when I was running RH-7.3 (same screen different computer). I also share the ViewSonic P815 with a W2K machine. using a KVM, that does not have this problem either.

Thank you for any help you can spare.

--

Jesse Burkhardt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (w) 617-876-5680

# File generated by anaconda.

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Anaconda Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
#       Option  "AutoRepeat"    "500 5"
# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line
#       Option  "Protocol"      "Xqueue"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
        #Option "XkbOptions"    ""
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"    #Option "XkbVariant"    ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"