Hi,
I have problem with redhat8.0 installation. If I try to install it with the text mode (graphic mode does not work, becouse of the not supported I845G chip card), and use vesa generic as graphic card I'm able to start the Xwindow but with a very poor resolution. And only if I log as root (what I would not do until no other works), even if I created a further account and it exists.
I downloaded the XFree86 4.3.0 and followed the instruction.
I answer "yes" to all the questions (as suggested).
And then something strange happens: if I type "startx" I do not get a blank screen (at least :o)), but a gray screen, three terminal windows, one clock and nothing else! It seems that the kde (or gnome) is not there any more...
I really hope that someone can help me.
Alessandra