I am running a Slackware 8.1 on an old laptop
P133 with 40Mb of ram.
I have XFree86 v. 4.2.0 on a Chips and Technologies video card
I don't have much space on the hard drive, so I have been importing X sessions via ssh from other servers. As I do this it will eventually freeze and top shows that X is taking high amounts of CPU
I can still get in via a ssh session. I have been looking for a pattern in it but have been unsuccessful. Sometimes I will have two or three windows and down it goes sometimes six or seven. I was running TWM and even with switching to the new Blackbox I still have the same problem.
when X freezes the keyboard and mouse are completely unresponsive.
do you have any suggestions or recommendations?