On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Jonas Bulow wrote:

> I searched the whole disk without finding a single ".xmodmap*".

It won't necessarily be called .xmodmap, will it? That's just a
convenient way of namimg the input file to xmodmap. You need to
check which scripts startx or xinitrc or gdm or whatever runs.

> I talked to a few other people who had just upgraded to 4.3.0. They have
> the same problem as I have.  I attached my .xmodmap extracted by xkeycaps.
>
> I can't find out how to configure ISO_Level3_Shift to be a dead key.  It
> does not seem to be within the scope of what xmodmap can do.

The only differences I can see are that you don't assign Multi_key
to keycode 0x71 (in addition to ISO...) and I don't know what your
XkbModel and XkbLayout are set to in XF86Config-4. ( Mine are "pc105"
and "gb" ): You've used pc102 /swedish/finnish for xkeycaps: Is your
XF86Config configured similarly?